Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Friday, November 11, 2011

Glitter, Bow Tie Necklace, DIY

In my InStyle Magazine this month
I saw this.


so I made this
Loved it,
Wanted it,
Made it,


Tutorial
Things you need.

  1. Leather
  2. Scissors
  3. Leather hole punch
  4. Jump Rings
  5. Clasp
  6.  Glue
  7.  Pliers
  8.  Plumbers Chain ~I bought 10 feet of brass chain for $6.00~

Cut this out

Trace the bow on your leather and cut out.
cut a strip about 1 inch for the middle of the bow.
gather the middle of the bow,
wrap the inch piece around,
glue, 
I held mine with a clothes pin until dry.

 Cover with glue
Sprinkle with gliter
Let dry
then cover with glue on top of glitter to seal it


Measure your chain,  to the length you want, cut the chain in half using your pliers.
Punch two holes at the top of your bow
Add your jump rings.
and your chain.
then at the other end of the chain add your clasp and jump ring.
and with that you are finished.
I can also see this on a headband.

I think this will be fun for the holidays.
Have a wonderful Saturday!!
Enjoy every second.
Lots of <3

6 comments:

  1. Totally cute!! I was thinking about making my sneakers sparkle like that. Wouldn't that be so cool?

    xox
    Wynn
    http://wynn-notetoself.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to make this! I'm not sure if I want to do glitter or something else, but this is magnificent!

    www.chezhays.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you link up to my party at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/11/anything-goes-linky-party_10.html. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I found this project through My Girlish Whims. I love it-- it looks really well made. Does the glitter fall off?

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!