Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Gold Toes, DIY



I guess I am hard on shoes, or I just wear them until the completely die.  Like  my other pairs of shoes, these where looking a little sad:( and in desperate need of a face lift. I then  decided to add a touch of gold leaf, to make them  happy and shine again.


Here are a couple of shots of the poor, pitiful things.

Tutorial
Things you need

  1. Gold leaf kit $8.00 at Michaels
  2. Brush 
  3. Wax paper
  4. Tape
  5. Old shoes
First , clean your shoes with a clean cloth and a little water. Dry them really well.
I taped my bows back
Then with a brush, I brushed on the adhesive where I wanted the gold leaf to stick.
Let that sit for 30 minutes~ at least.
(Yes, you have to)
 Follow the instructions on the gold leaf kit
lay a piece of leaf over the toe and use your brush to smooth it down,
and/ or to get rid of all the excess gold.


If you have any places where the gold didn't stick,  for heavens sake, DON"T panic,  just go over it with the glue again, let it sit for 30 minutes , and reapply your gold leaf
until you get the desired look you want.
 Once you have the look you want, Seal it with the sealer that came with the kit,
( do not use Water based sealer such as mod podge,)
it has to be a oil based one..

Let dry over night
and then, they are ready to wear.



Another pair of shoes rescued.


Other shoes I have rescued are below. 
Just click on the word, HERE, under the picture,
and it will take you to how i did it.





Have a Wonderful Friday!
Lots of <3,
Anne

9 comments:

  1. i'm so giddy to try this on my busted ass shoes! pinning this stat! thanks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are cute, does it flake off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I really like your ideas, yhey are very inspiring like your blog :)

    Visit my blog and if you want we can follow each other,

    Big kiss, Alexandra

    http://lessformore-ideas.blogspot.com/
    http://arbyalexandrarebelo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute!! great job!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is such a cute look.
    I hope you will have an amazing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sparkle! Are those from a kit like the gold leaf?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are absolutely amazing! Now I can save my favorite flats with glitter and gold leaf, woo hoooooo!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!