Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, January 30, 2012

Re-Style# 55 Gold Jeans

First of All,
I just have to say to Everyone,  Thank You Sooooo much. !!
The last 3 days I have been swamped
with wonderful responses to my 5 minute draped vest post, from last Tuesday.
If you have left me a comment and need a response,
please leave me your  email. I will get back to you ASAP!
I truly appreciate your  support and and kind words.
I hope to do many more videos in the future, starting today:)
I added a Video to this post on how I made these, I hope it helps.
It has been a Crazy last 3 days, but I am enjoying every second, of everyday.
Except for  the cleaning house bit.
Welcome Everyone,  to Re-Style #55


Re-Style for this week,
Gold Jeans.
Why?  Because I wanted some!!
Video will be included below.


Inspiration
VIA


VIA


My Shoes are a Re-Style as well HERE


Tutorial
Things you need
  1. Dark jeans
  2. Gold Paint I used Acrylic, Metallic gold ( Folk art)
  3. Paint Brush
  4. Water
  5. Plate
  6. Paper Towels


Paint your jeans, starting at the top and working your way down.
Use a little water if you need to blend in your paint.
If you paint the middle of the leg, it gives the illusion of a thinner leg.
Same with the back paint just under the bum. and the top of your pockets.

If you want to go full on gold
Paint the whole jean, leaving just little dark jean showing through.
I think that would look amazing as well..
Let dry, at least overnight.


5 minute Video,
to show you how I did mine.
HERE










Wait 72 hours before you Wash in cold water and hang to dry.
After I made these gold jeans  I decided that I wanted more Gold on them.
I didn't want to add  any more Acrylic paint so I used some Tulip Soft Metallic Paint in Gold, This Tulip fabric paint  works Fantastic on all things Fabric.  Tulip Paint that would work just as great alone without the acrylic paint.
These jeans are  Completely washable in cold water and hang dry,
 I would not dry them.


 I Re-Styled these gold jeans
HERE 
I added metallic gold fabric paint, on top of what I had already had done.
Have a fantastic Monday Night!!
Lots of <3 to you all,
Anne
Pin It

14 comments:

  1. That turned out cute, i wonder what silver would look like also...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering the same thing!

      Delete
    2. Sliver would look awesome as well!!!

      Delete
  2. Great DIY, I love the metallic sheen of these jeans and agree that dark denim works best. Glad you've been getting so much support - you deserve it!

    Sadie xx
    http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job! they look awesome!!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about washing them? I was thinking of making them for my daughter, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I waited 72 hours before I washed them then hang dry. I never dry any of my jeans:) Thank you so much, and have a wonderful night.

      Delete
  5. This is REALLY cute!!! I miss checking out your blog. How are you? I see you're on gold kick as well. Couple of my latest DIY involve gold as well.
    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linking this post to one that goes live on Tuesday! Great tutorial my readers will love :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you please redo the video without the music so we can all see it? That would be great!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!