Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, April 7, 2014

Wrap Skirt DIY.

 Happy Monday Everyone,
 I am constantly cruising around in  Pinterest to find great DIY ideas.
Wrap Skirts have been everywhere lately so I thought why not try to make one using a T-shirt.
Here is what I came up with.
Pay no attention to the lazy dog in the back ground.


Inspiration


 
Tutorial
Things You Need.
  1. T-Shirt *I used a Mens XL.
  2. Scissors
  3. 2 Buttons
  4. Needle and Thread
  5. Tape
Tape off right under the arms

cut your shirt  using the tape as a guide for a straight line.
 tape off  the middle of you skirt and cut a straight vertical line.
now you have one long piece of material.

Take your material and wrap it around your waist 
This is how you will measure where you want your tie and button to go.
Mark it with chalk
It should be marked right on your hip bones.



 Mark  where you want the tie and buttons to go.


 Take a piece of your shirt and cut a 1 inch strip, stretch it. 
It should be about 24 inches long
cut the strip in half.
You could also use a pretty ribbon.




 I hand sewed the two strips to the skirt.


 on the other side I sewed a button where I marked it. 
Mark the skirt where the two pieces meet
 and cut a very small hole, to put my button through.

It ends up looking like this.
I also sewed a button on where the two ties are.

Comfy and so easy to make yourself.
I love re-styling Tee's.
Lots of love,
Anne



3 comments:

  1. so cute. thanks for your ideas.

    maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog today. Great designs, thank you so much for posting!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!