Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, August 25, 2014

No-Sew, Criss-Cross tied, Sequin Tee.



I love experimenting with different designs using t-shirts.
I wanted a one shoulder tied tee. Here is one with a slight twist.



Tutorial 
Things you need


  1. T-shirt(This one is a large mens* I am 5'7", weight 138.)
  2. Scissors
  3. Tulip Sequins
  4. Tulip Glue

Cut your shirt.
Cut a straight line the middle of the side.
Cut them apart.
Tie the first strips closest to your neck over your shoulder. I tied a bow.
Take the other strip place it under your first tie.
Do the same with the back.
 Tie that in the back,
so it is positioned right at the back of your neck.

 You could end here if you wanted or you could make the bottom gathered.
Make a string cutting about a one inch scrap from another t-shirt.

Stretch it out and it makes a long string.
Cut a small hole in the bottom seam of your shirt.

Thread your string through using a safety pin and tie.

Now here comes the fun part.
 Lets decorate this.
I am trying out Tulip Applique bond, but you could use any fabric glue. 
Here are a list of great glues for this.
Lay out your design.  I did a sun ray design.
Let your imagination go wild.
Glue down your sequins and let them sit for about 12 hours.
Wait 48 before you wash.
and I would hang dry.




Now you have an edgy tee to wear out.

Back

Happy Monday.
Have fun creating!
Lots of <3,
Anne
For more T-shirt DIY
Head over to my Pinterest Page 
you can also follow me on
and
I also write for an awesome blog called
A Blog Full of Amazing Craft and DIY tutorials.

 

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for tomorrow morning that links to your tutorial:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-no-sew-one-shoulder-sequin-tee/2014/08/26/
    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne :) Another creative winner! I love the added touch of a drawstring waist using an already existing hem...brilliant! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I have done 2 creations from you. If you want to see what I have done, shoot me an email kmp@sasktel.net. I just did this one tonight! Funny story. I was in Riviera Maya, Mexico for xmas 2014. I bought a shirt for my ex boyfriend but nothing for me! I was so disappointed. I decided one day after a dr app, to walk a block to the thrift store. There was this men's xxl Riviera Miya tshirt! So yes, I got it for $3.50 and came home, and girlified it with this design. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!